Rock climbing has many denominations, styles, and techniques. Sport climbing, traditional climbing, aid climbing, and bouldering are perhaps the most popular. We put together guided ascents of all of these disciplines and carry the fundamentals of the sport to new heights. We have guided rock climbing in the Sandia Mountains, Sangre de Cristo Range, Socorro at Box Canyon, Datil, and Jemez Mountains of New Mexico, as well as in Colorado, Nevada, and the European Alps.
“The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.” | Alex Lowe.
Our rock climbing guides definitely want to have the most fun, and rock climbing in New Mexico is generally a year-round sport. Although we guide rock climbing in many locations, we are based out of Albuquerque, NM and are local experts. Let our New mexico rock climbing guides and instructors take you to some of the best known classics or some of the newest but clandestine climbing areas around Albuquerque and Santa Fe, New Mexico.
There’s always somewhere to rock climb no matter what season it is, and we’re ready to take you, so plan a rock climbing trip with our rock climbing guides today. The “Land of Enchantment” awaits.
Our private guided rock climbing is a sure way to become a better rock climber quickly. A full day rock climbing adventures will be sure to pack a fun-filled adventure along with tips from the professionals on climbing technique. Choose your style of rock climbing: face, crack, easy, hard, pockets, slab, we have it all. Rock climbing multi-pitch traditional or sport climbing is all within easy access from Albuquerque or Santa Fe.
“We climbed all day in the winter and chased sunshine. In the summer, we found perfect shade and had a grand outing with our guide…thanks BMG !” Chris Townsend.
Classic Sandia Mountain Rock Climbs:
Easy to Moderate Routes
• Flake and Bake II 5.5 / Revenge of the Elderly II 5.7 An old classic Sandias outing
• Ramp to Rudder to Runnel Runner II 5.7 Multi-pitch climbing, breathtaking views and exposure, exciting rappels and
• Northwest Ridge of the Thumb III 5.6 One of the most prominent classic ridge ascents in the Sandias with a 360° view at the summit.
• La Selva III 5.7 This is a big day up one the Sandia’s largest walls.
• Second Coming II 5.8 One of the best climbs of its grade anywhere in New Mexico
• Excitable Boys III 5.9 Fun climbing up an ocean of granite.
• Estrellita Area II 5.8 – 5.10 A great cragging area without too much hiking.
• Mrs. Piggy II 5.8 two pitches of crack and face climbing on the some of the best stone in the Sandias.
• Aviary Ort Overhang II 5.9 One of the most noticeable routes while hiking the Upper La Luz Trail, this climb is a “must do” in the heat of the summer.
• Crackula II 5.8 Two pitches of climbing to the flattest summit you’ve ever seen and perhaps the easiest approach to granite climbing in the range.
• Ghost Rider II 5.10b One of the Sandia’s most easily accessible solid rock climbs at the grade. 3-4 pitches.
• Warpy Moople III 5.9 Funky name? Ya. Great climbing, 8 pitches.
• Yucca Flower Tower and Great Escape 5.10c A massive rib that gives rise to an excellent position. 3-4 pitches.
• SW Ridge of the Needle IV 5.8* Boasting the longest route in the Sandias, 8-12 pitches. A classic must-do.
• Mountain Momma III 5.10c First climbed by accident, this is the sine qua non of what climbing in the Sandia Mountains is about. 6 pitches and rappel egress off the summit.
• License and a Visa II 5.11b Take the Tram for the :10 minute approach to this unique European-style climb. 4 pitches
• Big T II 5.10d/.11a Four solid pitches of difficult rock climbing on quality stone. 4 pitches
* BMG respects the Pueblo of Sandia and their request to not guide on the Shield as they are the land owner of the west face of the Sandia Mountains and preserve this area for sacred purposes.
If you need equipment, call us in advance or visit our online store and we can drop-ship gear to wherever you need. We want to make sure you have a great experience while rock climbing with Beverly Mountain Guides. ***Client discounts apply***
Rates (before tax):
Ratio per day 1:1 2:1 3:1
Cost $350 $200 $175